How it Works
It is our endeavor, at Peter’s Homes, to make the purchasing process as easy as we can for you while making sure your housing dollars are invested wisely. Be careful when dealing with a company that wishes to “do it all” for you. They will price the home lower, but then overcharge you for site work, utilities, etc. We recommend that you shop for your home, shop for its financing and shop for a licensed, qualified site contractor to perform all your site/utility work. This will keep everyone honest. Buying a home is probably one of the largest and most important purchases that you will ever make. It will take a little time and you will have the opportunity to make a lot of choices. So get comfortable, relax and be at ease.
We have a short over-view of the purchasing process:
1. We invite you to please stop by our Sales Center and view the beautiful homes that we have on display.
2. Meet with Eric or Joelle for an initial consultation.
3. The majority of our clients have their site and location already chosen. If you do not, we can try to assist you in finding a rental or lease community or real estate agent.
4. Shop for the financing of your new home. Both home-only financing and land-home package financing is available for you. Obtain pre-approval at this time.
5. Select the site for your new home.
6. Choose the home and model that best fits your needs.
7. Work with Joelle or Eric to design and customize your new home and have some fun.
8. Ask Eric or Joelle for a list of approved site contractors and compile competitive bids for your on-site improvement needs. We recommend at least two bids.
9. Select an approved site contractor.
10. Finalize your financing.
11. Meet with Joelle or Eric to complete and place the order for your new home.
12. Authorize the site contractor to begin his work.
13. Your new home will be delivered and installed.
14. The interior finish work of tape and texture, carpet installation and final finish work will be performed.
15. Plan a shopping trip to the mall to pick out the new throw pillows, towels and bedspreads for your new home, as moving day is fast approaching.